I just realized a lot of people don't know how to use the word "above". I asked my friends "above link" or "link above"? Which one is correct? Many of my friends from 5 different countries answered "link above". Actually their answer was wrong. The correct answer should be "above link". I google search http://www.google.com.my/#hl=en&biw=1680&bih=842&q=from+the+above+link&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=da017fa00b88b046 and I realize that the answer should be "above link". So I can't accept all my friends' answer.

The following sentences are correct :
1 - click the above link.
2 - see the picture above the link. (please notice the word "the")
3 - the picture is above the link.

The following sentences are wrong :
1 - click the link above.
2 - see the picture above of the link.
3 - the picture is above of the link.


Below was the conversation between me and my friend :
Zac Ang Eng Keat says (2:12 AM):
hello. i need your help
the link is on top of this sentence :
"After activate your account from the above link, you can login with the following info :"
from the sentence, you can see the words "above link", is ...it correct? Or it should be "link above" ?

Elizabeth says (2:12 AM):
above link

Zac Ang Eng Keat says (2:13 AM):
the picture is above the link
or
the picture is above of the link
?

Elizabeth says (2:14 AM):
the picture is above the link

Zac Ang Eng Keat says (2:15 AM):
okay. Thank you, you live in English country, sure very pro in English, so i trust you, thank you.

Elizabeth says (2:15 AM):
lol
k

Zac Ang Eng Keat says (2:15 AM):
i just realize all my friends gave wrong answer after i see your answer

Elizabeth says (2:16 AM):
haha


Posted by Zac1987 on 06 March, 2011

0 comments








Enter your email address:

Subscribe in a reader

Follow zac1987 on Twitter

Chatting Box

Donation

If you feel my website is informative and it is useful for you, please donate some money to support me or buy me a drink. I will continues this good works. Thank you.