I just realized a lot of people don't know how to use the word "above". I asked my friends "above link" or "link above"? Which one is correct? Many of my friends from 5 different countries answered "link above". Actually their answer was wrong. The correct answer should be "above link". I google search http://www.google.com.my/#hl=en&biw=1680&bih=842&q=from+the+above+link&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=da017fa00b88b046 and I realize that the answer should be "above link". So I can't accept all my friends' answer.

The following sentences are correct :
1 - click the above link.
2 - see the picture above the link. (please notice the word "the")
3 - the picture is above the link.

The following sentences are wrong :
1 - click the link above.
2 - see the picture above of the link.
3 - the picture is above of the link.


Below was the conversation between me and my friend :
Zac Ang Eng Keat says (2:12 AM):
hello. i need your help
the link is on top of this sentence :
"After activate your account from the above link, you can login with the following info :"
from the sentence, you can see the words "above link", is ...it correct? Or it should be "link above" ?

Elizabeth says (2:12 AM):
above link

Zac Ang Eng Keat says (2:13 AM):
the picture is above the link
or
the picture is above of the link
?

Elizabeth says (2:14 AM):
the picture is above the link

Zac Ang Eng Keat says (2:15 AM):
okay. Thank you, you live in English country, sure very pro in English, so i trust you, thank you.

Elizabeth says (2:15 AM):
lol
k

Zac Ang Eng Keat says (2:15 AM):
i just realize all my friends gave wrong answer after i see your answer

Elizabeth says (2:16 AM):
haha


Posted by Zac1987 on 06 March, 2011

0 comments






Enter your email address:

Subscribe in a reader

Follow zac1987 on Twitter

Donation

If you feel my website is informative and it is useful for you, please donate some money to support me or buy me a drink. I will continues this good works. Thank you.