Let's say I typed in a <textarea> :
I
Love
You

Then I save it to myphpadmin database. Then I use mysql to retrieve it from database and display it onto a <div>. Now the output that show in the <div> is :
I Love You

How to make the <div> show exactly like the database field and textarea which has multiple rows?

My question here. I did try to use css white-space:pre; but it is not working on IE7 and IE5. So I tried to find another solution which replace all new line / new row with <br> tag, I found the solution from here. Here is the codes :

or use php str_replace :
$value = "I
love
u";

$order = array("\r\n", "\n", "\r"); $gg = str_replace($order , "
", $value);


Posted by Zac1987 on 21 January, 2012

1 Comment

  1. Thank you for the fantastic article. The place else could anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such information.

    Posted on 12:37 PM, July 21, 2012

     







Enter your email address:

Subscribe in a reader

Follow zac1987 on Twitter

Chatting Box

Donation

If you feel my website is informative and it is useful for you, please donate some money to support me or buy me a drink. I will continues this good works. Thank you.